Sunday, October 5, 2008

Apple Pancakes with Boiled Cider Syrup

Another one from the King Arthur Flour website. These were quite tasty, and they puff up pretty fat, although you couldn't really taste the apple very much! We didn't have any "boiled cider" which I've just learned isn't something you can make by just boiling your own cider. It's somehting you buy, and it's made kind of like maple syrup. They boil down the cider a long time until it's syrupy. That would probably have given it the apple kick I was hoping for. So, it was a good basic apple pancake recipe, not my favorite but I'll let you know how it is with the cider syrup (if I ever find it!).

Apple Pancakes with Boiled Cider Syrup

I'm going to try another apple pancake recipe next week and see if it's what I'm looking for!

No comments: