Monday, July 12, 2010

Garlic Basil Toast with Robots

It's not that we never cook...it's just that I let my friends do the hard work of discovering new recipes, and then make what they made;) But, a week or so ago, we made this:
Slice French or Italian bread, arrange on a cookie sheet. 
In a small bowl, mix:
1 stick of butter softened
a bunch of garlic to taste (2-4 cloves?)
Parmesan cheese (a handful?)
salt and pepper
a large handful of chopped herbs from your garden (probably like...3 Tablespoons when chopped)
this time I used: Thyme, Basil, Oregano and Rosemary. Less of the others, more of Basil. 

Spread a ridiculous amount of the butter mixture on each piece of toast, then bake at 350 center rack for 10 min. Since we're not doing rocket science or experiments for the government, you can just put in a pinch of this, a handful of that, I love this kind of thing. 


1 comment:

Virginia Taylors said...

you know I can not let my robot crazed husband see this post!! I will have to introduce action figures to my posts.
Looks wonderful.